Thank you for your interest in supporting Wounded Nature – Working Veterans. Cold, hard cash is what keeps us operating. However , “In-kind donations” of goods and services assist us by allowing us to acquire non-budgeted items and allow us to conserve our cash.
We are currently in need of the following NEW or LIKE NEW items. Items will need to be delivered to one of our Charleston, SC donation drop off locations (see below), at a scheduled donation event, or shipped to us directly (prior notice needed).
- Automobile* – prefer SUV with tow hitch but any late model vehicle will be accepted (title needed)
- Boat* – must be in good condition (title needed)
- Enclosed trailer (title needed) – must be in good condition
- Night binoculars
- Underwater digital camera
- Land digital camera with telephoto lens and flash
- Commercial grade land video camera
- Deck shoes (new only)
- Miniature underwater video camera
- Commercial grade underwater video camera
- Use of or title to a beach house within a one hour drive of Charleston, SC for a minimum of one year
- Mountain bicycles – coaster/beach bicycles
- Bicycle helmets
- Hand held GPS units
- Boat equipment including dock bumpers, boat hooks, electronics (less than 4 years old), life jackets
- Boat lines and anchors (suitable for a 55 foot houseboat)
- Jet ski with trailer (title needed)
- Inflatable launch boats (with motors and titles)
- Kayaks and associated equipment like paddles
- Laptop computers and carrying bags, backpacks (less than 3 years old)
- Life jackets
- Rain gear (new only)
- Salt water fishing equipment
- Long Handled Nets
- Scuba equipment
- Snorkeling equipment
- Ship to shore hand held radios with chargers
- Silent auction items – trips, weekend stays, new items with retail values in excess of $500.00 each.
- Stand up paddleboards with leashes
- Surf board cases
- Surf boards with leashes
- Kiteboard equipment
- Waterproof cell phone, key, and camera cases
- Wrench and socket sets (complete only)
Drop off locations:
Hanckel Marine - for dropping off boats, boating equipment, fishing and hunting items
2445 Savannah Highway Charleston SC 29414
Air & Earth – for dropping off all water sports related items
1313 Long Grove Drive
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
* Boat donation (copied and pasted from IRS.gov)
If the qualified organization makes a significant intervening use of or material improvement to the vehicle before transferring it, you generally can deduct the vehicle’s fair market value at the time of the contribution. But if the vehicle’s fair market value was more than your cost or other basis, you may have to reduce the fair market value to get the deductible amount.
Cars, boats, and airplanes. If you contribute a car, boat, or airplane to a charitable organization, you must determine its fair market value. Certain commercial firms and trade organizations publish used car pricing guides, commonly called “blue books,” containing complete dealer sale prices or dealer average prices for recent model years. The guides may be published monthly or seasonally and for different regions of the country. These guides also provide estimates for adjusting for unusual equipment, unusual mileage, and physical condition. The prices are not “official” and these publications are not considered an appraisal of any specific donated property. But they do provide clues for making an appraisal and suggest relative prices for comparison with current sales and offerings in your area.
You can also find used pricing information on the Internet.
Form 1098-C. You must attach to your return Copy B of the Form 1098-C, Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes, (or other statement containing the same information as Form 1098-C) you received from the organization. The Form 1098-C (or other statement) will show the gross proceeds from the sale of the vehicle.
If you e-file your return, you must:
- Attach Copy B of Form 1098-C to Form 8453 and mail the forms to the IRS, or
- Include Copy B of Form 1098-C as a pdf attachment if your software program allows it.
If you do not attach Form 1098-C (or other statement), you cannot deduct your contribution. You must get Form 1098-C (or other statement) within 30 days of the sale of the vehicle. But if exception 1 or 2 (described later) applies, you must get Form 1098-C (or other statement) within 30 days of your donation.
php require(‘/home/wounded/public_html/donate_inkind.php’); ?>
WoundedNature.org is an IRS approved 501c3 non-profit.
P.O. Box 20363
Charleston, SC 20363
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
IN-KIND donations must meet the standard charitable organization rules as outlined by the Federal Accounting Standards Board which includes:
Current standards of the FASB require that contributed services be recognized and recorded. The following criteria must be met: (1) The donation must be useful. (2) If a service is provided, the service creates or enhances a non-financial asset and the services require specialized skills and are provided by individuals with those skills.
Providing IN-KIND services and materials require review as to usefulness. Only signed donation forms are acceptable as acknowledgement of in-kind donations.
Donation Receipts (IN-KIND DONATION FORM) are available at Air & Earth.
Important information regarding the IN-KIND DONATION FORM:
- Provide detailed information related to the description of the item being donated for your tax records.
- The Estimated Fair Market Value must be determined by the donor. WoundedNature.org or Air & Earth cannot place a fair market value amount or interpret the value of any non-financial donations.
- Donations must be considered usable to be accepted.
- Donations that cannot be accepted or fall outside the standard guidelines for acceptance will be rejected.