Thank you for your interest in supporting Wounded Nature – Working Veterans. Cold, hard cash is what keeps us operating. However , “In-kind donations” of goods and services assist us by allowing us to acquire non-budgeted items and allow us to conserve our cash.
We are currently in need of the following NEW or LIKE NEW items. Items will need to be delivered to either our shore office in Charleston, SC, at a scheduled donation event, or to our victory vessels during a scheduled docking (prior notice needed).
- Automobile – prefer SUV with tow hitch but any late model vehicle will be accepted (title needed)
- Boat – minimum 20′ with head – must be in good condition (title needed)
- Enclosed trailer (title needed) – must be in good condition
- Night binoculars
- Underwater digital camera
- Land digital camera with telephoto lens and flash
- Commercial grade land video camera
- Deck shoes (new only)
- Miniature underwater video camera
- Commercial grade underwater video camera
- Use of or title to a beach house within a one hour drive of Charleston, SC for a minimum of one year
- Mountain bicycles – coaster/beach bicycles
- Bicycle helmets
- Hand held GPS units
- Boat equipment including dock bumpers, boat hooks, electronics (less than 4 years old), life jackets
- Boat lines and anchors (suitable for a 55 foot houseboat)
- Jet ski with trailer (title needed)
- Inflatable launch boats (with motors and titles)
- Kayaks and associated equipment like paddles
- Laptop computers and carrying bags, backpacks (less than 3 years old)
- Life jackets
- Rain gear (new only)
- Salt water fishing equipment
- Long Handled Nets
- Scuba equipment
- Snorkeling equipment
- Ship to shore hand held radios with chargers
- Silent auction items – trips, weekend stays, new items with retail values in excess of $500.00 each.
- Stand up paddleboards with leashes
- Surf board cases
- Surf boards with leashes
- Kiteboard equipment
- Waterproof cell phone, key, and camera cases
- Wrench and socket sets (complete only)
WoundedNature.org is an IRS approved 501c3 non-profit.
P.O. Box 20363
Charleston, SC 20363
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
IN-KIND donations must meet the standard charitable organization rules as outlined by the Federal Accounting Standards Board which includes:
Current standards of the FASB require that contributed services be recognized and recorded. The following criteria must be met: (1) The donation must be useful. (2) The service creates or enhances a non-financial asset. (3) The services require specialized skills and are provided by individuals with those skills.
Providing IN-KIND services and materials require review and approval from the Wounded Nature management staff. Only signed, approved donation forms are acceptable as acknowledgement of in-kind donations.
Instructions for completing the IN-KIND DONATION FORM:
- Provide detailed information related to the description of the item or service being donated. For printing donations, include specific number of pages, packets or other items that are being considered. For other material items, include specific quantities being considered. No financial donations are considered in-kind donations.
- The Estimated Fair Market Value must be completed by the donor. WoundedNature.org cannot place a fair market value amount or interpret the value of any non-financial donations.
- Provide donor-benefit amounts being returned to the donor in exchange for their in-kind donation.
- Example: Donor provided printing of 100 booklets for an Educational Conference and receives a dinner at the event, the amount of the per/person plate for the dinner must be itemized.
- Provide information related to the donor including name, organization, address and other contact information.
- Record the date received and your name.
- Bring the completed form to the WoundedNature.org’s office along with the donated item(s). The completed, approved, form will be copied, logged, and a copy will be sent directly to the donor. A copy of all in-kind donations will be maintained at the WoundedNature.org Fundraising Office for audit purposes.
- Donations that cannot be accepted or fall outside the standard guidelines for acceptance will be rejected.